The beauty of video is that it is able to capture the whole day, from the small intimate details to the broadest spectrum of emotions. Improvements in technology, smaller cameras and the need for less artificial light can allow the right videographer to capture the day’s events without actually being a part of it. In addition to being a precious keepsake of your wedding day, we at Bernie K. productions believe your wedding video is a great way to capture moments you may otherwise miss.
When considering a videographer, select the package that highlights the events that are most important to you.
When viewing a videographer’s work, you will become aware of the many intangibles that become subjective through the eyepiece of the camera and in the mind of the videographer director/editor. You will instinctively know when a particular videographer’s emotional style clicks with your own.
Tips for Selecting a Wedding Videographer
Look for a videographer who is experienced, creative and artistic.
When viewing examples of work, look at the clarity and quality of the video, the composition, as well as the details of shooting and editing.
Questions To Ask Your Wedding Videographer
- How many cameras do you use, and are they all monitored by separate operators?
- I have a High Definition TV and would like video filmed on HDV cameras, do you offer both Standard Definition and High Definition copies? If you offer HD copies, what format do you deliver in?
- I like the shots used in documentaries as if the camera is looking from the sky. Do you use cranes?
- My friend’s video was so shaky. I’ve heard there’s a way of making cameras glide. Do you use camera stabilization?
- What sound equipment do you use? I want to be able to hear the vows and speeches unlike my friend’s video!
- How long after filming do I get to see the video?
- Will you host clips of my video online for my friends and family to see and how long will this stay online?
- If I don’t like how you’ve edited, can I request changes at no extra cost? Will you provide a sample for my approval?
- How long is your average wedding video?
- Do you offer a same day edit to show at the end of the wedding day?